Thursday, May 01, 2008

Girls Rule...the World!

I still find it amazing how life can just "happen."

So, there I was, celebrating my birthday over a year ago with three of my girlfriends and we ended up in this fantastic conversation about how amazing teen girls are. See, we had all met at an Entrepreneurial camp for teen girls a couple of years earlier and thought how cool it would have been to have had some positive experiences like that when we were that age!


After another margarita (or two) someone says, "Hey, we should start a foundation to inspire and empower teen girls!"

Sometimes you have an idea and it's just an idea. And sometimes you have an idea and it just seems to take flight. It's been just over a year since that first margarita...I mean...meeting of the minds, and we have launched our inaugural event and the Girls Rule Foundation website, have outlined our advisory board and teen leadership council, been featured in Arizona Foothills magazine and are currently developing ongoing programs into the next year.

Who knew?

I guess girls really do rule the world! (And I thought it was just the margarita....)

No comments: